About Northville Township
What was once a quaint farming region is today a thriving residential and business community. Signs of the rural heritage still exist as growth was planned specifically to preserve open space, wooded lots, and protect waterways. Northville Township provides a variety of classic and unique housing choices as well as distinctive areas for business opportunities.
The township encompasses approximately 16 square miles and has a population of around 30,000. The township prides itself on extraordinary recreational opportunities. In addition to the large regional recreation amenities within Maybury State Park and Wayne County’s Hines Parkway system, there are several public parks within the community that offer a variety of active and passive activities on a year-round basis. Miles of paths provide walkers, runners, and cyclists the ability to get to numerous locations. The township also features three golf courses including a private club or the prestigious Arnold Palmer public golf course.
Northville Township is home to an award winning public school district, whose excellent staff and high level of parent involvement prepare students of all ages for a bright future. The school district is regularly featured among the top ten districts in the tri-county region, and is located within several colleges and universities within minutes fr the vast majority that pursue a higher education. In 2016, the township was rated as one of Michigan’s top 50 safest communities, reinforcing the fact that it is a perfect location to live, work, and play.
Township awarded SAW Grant for Asset Management Program
In 2015, the township was awarded a State of Michigan Stormwater, Asset Management, and Wastewater (SAW) Grant to develop a wastewater asset management plan. This state-wide program included the allocation of $450 million focusing on the development of an asset management system/plan for communities critical stormwater and wastewater infrastructure. A key component of the grant was the acquisition of an asset management software platform to manage operational costs, existing condition assessment, and a complete rate study & analysis.
Northville Township Selects Cityworks Online AMS
Our team was selected for the site design and implementation of Cityworks Online AMS, the cloud-hosted, public asset management solution from GIS-centric innovator, Azteca Systems, Inc. Leveraging the power and value of the ESRI geodatabase, Cityworks Online enables the township administration and its constituents the ability to manage assets with an ideal platform.
- Cloud-based solution: Developed a completely hosted, web-based enterprise solution integrated with ESRI GIS and native applications.
- Wastewater Asset Management: Migrated and developed all activities related to wastewater operations. Multiple sources of record were analyzed to build:
- Pro-active maintenance schedules.
- Historical tracking for critical infrastructure assets.
- Digital inspection templates.
- Historical data migration back to 2000 including all sewer cleaning and related activities.
- User friendly: Multiple forms, custom libraries, and departmental base map and inboxes were designed for efficient management.
- Integrations: Designed project management features for vendor MACP and PACP management and tracking. Integrated utility billing information.
- Operational Efficiency: Field staff can quickly tap into requests for service or work orders on handheld devices to get the information they need to make accurate and reliable decisions.
- Scalable: Expandable use of software to integrate multiple departments including water and storm operations, facility maintenance, sanitation, and the Information Technology Help Desk.
- Standards: Migrated and updated all wastewater utility network features to the ESRI local government information model.